[Samba] SAMBA & CTDB Configuration Issue using LDAP as back end.

Gerry George george.gerry at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 15:28:17 MDT 2014

On Tue, Jun 3, 2014 at 3:36 AM, Volker Lendecke <Volker.Lendecke at sernet.de>
wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 02, 2014 at 08:36:17PM -0400, Gerry George wrote:
> > I do have the fail-over working (as mentioned initially).  Where I'm
> having
> > an issue, is that I need to use LDAP as the backend, as there is an
> > existing server as domain controller with LDAP as the backend.  The
> cluster
> > is supposed to join this configuration, but I can't seem to be able to
> get
> > the CTDB configuration to accept the LDAP entries:
> >
> > passdb backend = ldapsam:ldap://LDAP-Server
> > idmap backend = ldap:ldap://LDAP-Server
> >
> > instead of the default
> >
> > passdb backend = tdbsam
> > idmap backend = tdb2
>
> That should just simply work. Put it into both your smb.conf
> files (or the ctdb-maintained registry configuration) and it
> will work.
>
> Volker
>
> --

I have tried the following:

   - stop CTDB (and cluster services) on both nodes
   - stop SAMBA
   - edit /etc/samba/smb.conf to reflect teh desired passdb backend entry.
   - synchronize both systems with the edited smb.conf file
   - copy the smb.conf file to  /etc/ctdb/state/samba/smb.conf.cache
   - reboot both server & start all services

Check files - still saying

passdb backend = tdbsam
idmap backend = tdb2

Is there a file (or set of files) that I'm missing to be edited?  I know
you say "it should just work" and my gut feeling says the same,
particularly as the docs don't have any specific mention if this, so it
doesn't indicate that there should be a problem.

Thanks again for the help.

George-G.