[Samba] Are folder redirection and offline files mutually exclusive?

JD Daniels jd at internetguys.ca
Mon Jun 2 21:22:35 MDT 2014

You should not need any special changes to smb.conf.

Folder redirection implies off line files - they should start syncing as
soon as the group policy takes effect.

You may have someACL issues on your top level user share:

Share Permissions: Everyone - Full Control.

Security Permissions:

CREATOR OWNER (Apply onto: Subfolders and Files Only):
   Full Control

System (Apply onto: This Folder, Subfolders and Files):
   Full Control

Domain Admins (Apply onto: This Folder, Subfolders and Files):
   Full Control

Everyone (Apply onto: This Folder Only):
   Traverse Folder/Execute File
   List Folder/Read Data
   Read Attributes
   Read Extended Attributes