[Samba] Samba4 binding LDAP Server

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 2 08:36:46 MDT 2014

On 02/06/14 15:22, Danilo Mussolini wrote:

> No, for sure they aren't. This user and groups only exist in the LDAP
> database.

Then this could well be your problem, It has been sometime since I
worked with a samba3 server (and this is what you have, even if you are
using Samba4) and I seem to remember that all LDAP users also had to be
Unix users. Without LDAP users also being Unix users, the underlying
Unix system did not know who the LDAP users & groups were.

Rowland