[Samba] one day AD use -> samba-tool dbcheck reports "Normalisation error for attribute 'objectClass'"

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 2 02:51:59 MDT 2014

On 02/06/14 08:38, mourik jan heupink - merit wrote:
> Hi Rowland,
>
> I didn't reply to your question, since I didn't understand
> it...perhaps I should have said so, but:

No problem, I have been mis-understood all my life ;-)

> 1. I think the problem was with the "securityPrincipal" and not
> posixAccount..?

AH, but IMHO posixAccount shouldn't be there, so if it wasn't there,
would you still have the problem?

> 2. I'm not sure what upgrade.py we're talking about.

upgrade.py is the python script that samba-tool runs when you do a
'classicupgrade'

> But anyway, like Andrew said:
>

>> In any case it is irrelevant.  If this is a legitimate set of
>> objectclasses (it is) then we need a canonical way to represent it, so
>> we don't fall foul of our own database checker.  It doesn't matter what
>> tool or combination of tools creates the issue.

Yes, I know Andrew said that, and that is why I asked if the problem
could be fixed by NOT adding the posixAccount objectClass, I am still
awaiting an answer.

Rowland