[Samba] Samba4 binding LDAP Server

Marc Muehlfeld mmuehlfeld at samba.org
Sun Jun 1 09:47:48 MDT 2014

Hello Danilo,

Am 01.06.2014 17:39, schrieb Danilo Mussolini:
> Samba4 as a member server, binding to a LDAP server.
> Actually, working with the POSIX defaults is enough to my needs. Once It
> can respect those permissions, I can have some users in a group and then,
> set this group as the owner.

Can you give some more information?
* Samba Version?
* Self compiled / Package (from where) / ...?
* Do you use Winbind or how you get the domain users from your LDAP server?
* Please show the ACLs on the folder.
* Your complete smb.conf would be helpful to.

> I'll try the share settings advised by Steve and lets see what happen.

The way described in the HowTo is using Windows ACLs and is
administrated trough Windows (because you said above Posix ACLs are enough).

Regards,
Marc