[Samba] Graphical Login

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Sun Jun 1 04:23:47 MDT 2014

On Sat, 2014-05-31 at 20:15 -0700, Fermin Francisco wrote:
> Good evening!!
>
> How can I login in graphical mode using Centos 6.5, Samba4 (Active Directory users) and local machine users??
>
> For example:
>
> I have 3 Active Directory Users: john, Mary, and Steve.
> And I have 2 local users in Centos 6.5: fermin, Ana.
>
> Can I login into the Server Centos 6.5 Samba4 Active Directory using these 2 kind of users??
>
> Sorry for english!!
>

> JOSE FERMIN

Hi
Join the Centos boxes to the domain and set /etc/nsswitch to:

1. for winbind:
passwd: files winbind
group: files winbind

or
2. for sssd:
passwd: files sss
group: files sss

or
3. for nss-ldap or nss-ldapd
passwd: file ldap
group: files ldap

I'm not sure how Cendos does pam but you'll need that too.
May start you thinking along the right lines.
Cheers,
Steve