[Samba] Graphical Login

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Sun Jun 1 03:53:07 MDT 2014

On 01/06/14 04:15, Fermin Francisco wrote:
> Good evening!!
>
> How can I login in graphical mode using Centos 6.5, Samba4 (Active Directory users) and local machine users??
>
> For example:
>
> I have 3 Active Directory Users: john, Mary, and Steve.
> And I have 2 local users in Centos 6.5: fermin, Ana.
>
> Can I login into the Server Centos 6.5 Samba4 Active Directory using these 2 kind of users??
>
> Sorry for english!!
>

> JOSE FERMIN
Hi, I take it that you want all your users to be able to login to the AD
DC server, this is possible, it just entails setting up the server to
pull your users from both AD and /etc/passwd. You can use winbind, sssd
etc to do this, I would suggest that you have a look at the Samba wiki,
all the info required is on there.

If you want to do something else, you are going to have to be a bit more
precise with your question.

Rowland