[Samba] samba print server and windows driver snmp request

cyril at toile-libre.org cyril at toile-libre.org
Thu Jul 31 13:16:43 MDT 2014

Hi,

this method has answered my question

In the smb.conf global section use

enumports command = /var/scripts/listports.sh

create the script /var/scripts/listports.sh and make it executable :

#!/bin/bash
echo "printer1"
echo "printer2"
echo "printer3"

Now, It's possible to use the printer hostname or ip address

Now, samba don't just show the only one Samba local port for all the
printer and i can associate one printer to one port.

Now the SNMP query of the windows driver now can have an anwser from
the printer.

:)

Cyril