[Samba] Samba4 DC winbind or sssd (or nslcd)

Dewayne Geraghty dewayne.geraghty at heuristicsystems.com.au
Mon Jul 28 15:08:59 MDT 2014

On 29/07/2014 3:04 AM, Marc Muehlfeld wrote:
> Hello Caleb,
>
> Am 28.07.2014 17:15, schrieb Caleb O'Connell:
>> So, if I want local accounts on the DC from Active Directory, it's
>> recommended at this point to use sssd?
> You can use sssd
>
> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Local_user_management_and_authentication/sssd
>
> or nslcd
>
>  https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Local_user_management_and_authentication/nslcd
>
> to get your domain users to your local system:
>

> Regards,
> Marc

Thank-you VERY much for sharing these pointers Marc.  I've been trying
to decide between using sssd and nslcd on FreeBSD for some time.  The
sssd requiring MIT kerberos while heimdal use is highly experimental
makes nslcd on BSD's a convenient choice.  Heimdal is part of the base
FreeBSD system.

As an aside, the articles are well written, clear, concise and helpful
so a big thank-you to the author(s) :)
Regards, Dewayne.