[Samba] remove dead DC

Achim Gottinger achim at ag-web.biz
Sun Jul 27 15:17:05 MDT 2014

Am 27.07.2014 22:21, schrieb mourik jan heupink - merit:
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone have any experience, good or bad, with "Remove Active
> Directory Domain Controller Metadata" script from technet:
>
> http://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcenter/d31f091f-2642-4ede-9f97-0e1cc4d577f3
>

> Regards,
> MJ
Hi,

Looking at the script i suspect it will break once it tries to access

CN=System,CN=File Replication Service,CN=Domain System Volume (SYSVOL share)

Looking at my AD with ADSI "CN=System,CN=File Replication Service" is an
empty branch.

Beside that the script removes:

1. Default Naming Context: CN=[server],OU=Domain Controllers,DC=...
2. Configuration:
CN=[server],CN=Servers,CN=*,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=...

Also you must remove all DNS entries pointig towards your old dc.
Check all branches starting with an underscore if your domain and
_msdcs. (for example: _tcp.Default-First-Site-Name._sites.[your domains
fqdn])

achim~