[Samba] sernet samba nss

Hauke Homburg hhomburg at w3-creative.de
Thu Jul 24 22:39:04 MDT 2014

Hello,

At this moment i setup a SAMBA 4 Memberserver. I installed the following
packages:

ii  libwbclient0:amd64                 99:4.1.9-8
amd64        Glue package for sernet-samba-libs.
ii  sernet-samba                       99:4.1.9-8
amd64        SMB/CIFS file, print, and login server for Unix
ii  sernet-samba-ad                    99:4.1.9-8
amd64        Samba Active Directory Domain Controller
ii  sernet-samba-client                99:4.1.9-8
amd64        a LanManager-like simple client for Unix
ii  sernet-samba-common                99:4.1.9-8
all          Samba common files used by both the server and the client
ii  sernet-samba-keyring               1.4
all          GnuPG archive keys of the SerNet Samba archive
ii  sernet-samba-libpam-smbpass:amd64  99:4.1.9-8
amd64        Glue package for sernet-samba-libs.
ii  sernet-samba-libs:amd64            99:4.1.9-8
amd64        Samba common library files used by both the server and the
client
ii  sernet-samba-libsmbclient0:amd64   99:4.1.9-8
amd64        Shared library that allows applications to talk to SMB servers
ii  sernet-samba-winbind               99:4.1.9-8
amd64        Samba nameservice integration serve

my smb.conf:

# Global parameters
[global]

    netbios name = SRV001
    workgroup = test
    security = ADS
    realm = test.local
    encrypt passwords = yes

    idmap config *:backend = tdb
    idmap config *:range = 70001-80000
    idmap config test:backend = ad
    idmap config test:schema_mode = rfc2307
    idmap config test:range = 500-40000

    winbind nss info = rfc2307
    winbind trusted domains only = no
    winbind use default domain = yes
    winbind enum users  = yes
    winbind enum groups = yes

    log level = 3

My nssswitch.conf:

# /etc/nsswitch.conf
#
# Example configuration of GNU Name Service Switch functionality.
# If you have the `glibc-doc-reference' and `info' packages installed, try:
# `info libc "Name Service Switch"' for information about this file.

passwd:         compat winbind
group:          compat winbind
shadow:         compat

hosts:          files dns
networks:       files

protocols:      db files
services:       db files
ethers:         db files
rpc:            db files

netgroup:       nis

wbinfo -u tells me Domain Users, wbinfo -g tells me domain groups. But
with getent passwd i don't see the domain users.

I used
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setup_a_Samba_AD_Member_Server#Make_domain_users.2Fgroups_available_locally_through_Winbind

can you help me?

Hauke