[Samba] sssd problems after dc1 is no longer online

mourik jan heupink - merit heupink at merit.unu.edu
Thu Jul 24 04:56:15 MDT 2014

Hi Rowland,

> To me, it looks like your kerberos ticket has expired, but there appears
> to be a problem finding the kdc, what do you have in krb5.conf and
It seems that there are missing quite some dns entries for my dc3:

Failed to find matching DNS entry SRV _kpasswd._tcp.samba.company.com
dc3.samba.company.com 464
Failed to find matching DNS entry SRV _kerberos._tcp.samba.company.com
dc3.samba.company.com 88
Failed to find matching DNS entry SRV _kpasswd._udp.samba.company.com
dc3.samba.company.com 464
Failed to find matching DNS entry SRV
_kerberos._tcp.default-first-site-name._sites.samba.company.com
dc3.samba.company.com 88

I should add them manually. But add them locally on DC3, or on DC2?

And I'm unsure about the exact command to use, reading from the samba
wiki, something like:

samba-tool dns add dc2.samba.company.com samba.company.com
_kpasswd._tcp.samba.company.com SRV 'dc3.samba.company.com 464 0 100'

But I'm a bit hesitant to simply start adding dns stuff like this. Does
the above look correct?