[Samba] problems after lowering tombstone...

mourik jan heupink - merit heupink at merit.unu.edu
Wed Jul 23 13:00:41 MDT 2014

Yep, /var/lib/samba should not be on btrfs. Disk space became less and
less, until the disk was full. Adding up various directory sizes came
nowhere close to the total diskspace. We added an extra btrfs partition
to increase available space, and it was also all used.

We could temporarily decrease disk usage by
'btrfs filesystem defragment ./DC=DC=DOMAINDNSZONES,DC=SAMBA,DC=...ldb'
but after a few minutes, it grew again.

The sernet people have now located /var/lib/samba on an ext4 partition.
We even encountered kernel errors and a server freeze when trying to
read/defragment the btrfs partition on another machine.

So... no more btrfs in my shop.

MJ