[Samba] samba4 passwordless ssh

Sean M. Pappalardo spappalardo at renegadetech.com
Wed Jul 23 12:55:00 MDT 2014

On 07/23/2014 11:48 AM, shadrock uhuru wrote:
> i have samba4 ad setup and working,
> i am currently trying to set up passwordless ssh on my client servers,
> i have read this page
> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Authenticating_other_services_against_AD
> i have a properly configured krb5.conf file, i have a keytab from the
> samba dc
> and i can kinit and obtain a valid ticket.

That should be all you need. Just make sure the SSH server(s) have the
following directives in the sshd_config file:

     GSSAPIAuthentication yes
     GSSAPICleanupCredentials yes
     GSSAPIKeyExchange yes

(make sure to restart sshd after adding these)

...and on the clients, make sure these are present in the ssh_config file:
     GSSAPIAuthentication yes
     GSSAPIDelegateCredentials yes

Then on the clients, once you kinit, just SSHing to one of the servers
should work without a password.

Sincerely,
Sean M. Pappalardo
Sr. Networks Engineer
Renegade Technologies
spappalardo at renegadetech.com
Office: (630) 631-6188
http://www.renegadetech.com
This E-Mail message has been scanned for viruses & content
and cleared by >>smaRTmail<< from Renegade Technologies
http://www.renegadetech.com/