[Samba] Samba 4.1.9 member server config in a samba 4 ADS Domain

Marc Muehlfeld mmuehlfeld at samba.org
Tue Jul 22 11:27:16 MDT 2014

Hello Daniel,

Am 22.07.2014 15:03, schrieb Daniel Müller:
> I try to setup a samba 4 member server on centos 6.5. The wikis and howtos I
> have found are very confusing.

Did you followed
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Join_a_domain_as_a_DC

This explains everything that is needed. But it currently describes the
usage of RFC2307. If you don't have the Unix account stuff (UID, etc.)
in your AD and don't want to manage it central, then you can choose a
different backend like RID.

If this was the HowTo confusing you, then let me know what should be
explained better and I'll try to improve the documentation. :-)

About your other questions, I saw Rowland already helping.

Regards,
Marc