[Samba] TKEY is unacceptible [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Tue Jul 22 11:11:38 MDT 2014

On Tue, 2014-07-22 at 16:53 +0200, mourik jan heupink - merit wrote:
> Hi Steve, list,
>
> > Oh, BTW when you get it joined, you'll need to kick start it into
> > replicating. We made a check list:
> > http://linuxcostablanca.blogspot.com.es/2014/06/samba4-dc-replication-on-ubuntu.html
> Thanks for this interesting checklist! :-)
>
> I have always wondered about this, so I thought I'd ask:
>
> In the samba-tool drs showrepl examples, usually the inbound neighbours
> show successful replications, but mostly the outbound neighbours show
> something like:
> "Last attempt @ NTTIME(0) was successful"
>
> To me, this looks as if no outbound replication is taking place. Is this
> normal, expected and healthy?
>
> MJ

Hi
It depends on what sort of activity you are doing with the DCs. There
will only be outbound activity if one of the DCs has accepted a
connection which will change the databases. In the normal day to day
running, it is 99% usual that not much changes at all as far as the DCs
are concerned.

The best way to convince yourself is to change something innocuous such
as a user's uidNumber. Wait a bit and then change it back. Look at the
(preferable interactive) log on the dc you are sitting at, have a
terminal open to do the samba-tool drs at the same time.
Cheers,
Steve