[Samba] ASN1 parser: Error in DER parsing

Jefferson Davis jdavis at standard.k12.ca.us
Tue Jul 22 11:11:08 MDT 2014

openssl "blesses" my cert chain, but samba has an issue with it.

TLS failed to initialise certfile /var/lib/samba/private/tls/standard.k12.ca.us.crt and keyfile /var/lib/samba/private/tls/standard.k12.ca.us.key - ASN1 parser: Error in DER parsing.

openssl verify -CAfile gd_bundle.crt standard.k12.ca.us.crt
standard.k12.ca.us.crt: OK

Anyone know where I went wrong? incorrect cert file format? convert or rename to PEM format?

Thanks very much,

-Jeff
--

Jefferson K Davis
Technology and Information Systems Manager

District Users: Click here to report technology issues