[Samba] samba-tool domain demote - current DC is still the owner of 2 role(s)

Marc Muehlfeld mmuehlfeld at samba.org
Mon Jul 21 22:48:58 MDT 2014

Hello Petr, hello Fernando,

Am 21.07.2014 21:14, schrieb Petr MOTEJLEK:
> I had recently setup a new DC (called dc0) (in accordance with the wiki)
> and now I would like to demote the old DC (called pdc0 :)). I
> followed the wiki again, but I ran into the following issue.
> When trying to demote the old DC, I get this error message:
>
> pdc0 # samba-tool domain demote
> ERROR: Current DC is still the owner of 2 role(s), use the role command
> to transfer roles to another DC

you both reported the same problem during the last days:

http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.network.samba.general/140496
http://www.spinics.net/lists/samba/msg117640.html

It seems we maybe hit a bug here. Let me try to demote a DC in my test
environment today and see what happens there. I'll report the result
tonight.

BTW: Petr: What Samba version do you use? And was it self compiled or a
package (SerNet, Distro, etc)?

Regards,
Marc