[Samba] Being able to read password hashes

Stuart Naylor stuartiannaylor at thursbygarden.org
Mon Jul 21 10:21:33 MDT 2014

With any Microsoft active directory server you can not get access to read password hashes you can only change them.

Its the fact I can get the hash so easily and also ever-body else's.

I am not all that bothered as for this sysadmin its a Brucie Bonus.

Irrespective of the website if its not there all I need to do is throw some cuda cores at http://hashcat.net/hashcat/ and one way or another I will get it.

Should the hashes be so easily available was my main question?

I was just wondering what others thought, seems cool enough.

Stuart