[Samba] Domain member (2k8R2) server, problem mapping Kerberos/NSS users

Elias Probst mail at eliasprobst.eu
Mon Jul 21 09:22:38 MDT 2014

On 07/21/2014 05:15 PM, Rowland Penny wrote:
> OK, have you joined the fileserver to the domain? what is in
> /etc/nsswitch.conf or to put it another way, how does the fileserver
> know about the domain users & groups? does getent passwd show the domain
> users ?

The server is joined to the domain.

nsswitch.conf is set up properly which is backed by the fact that things
like
  getent passwd some-domain-user
  getent group some-domain-group
  chown some-domain-user:some-domain-group /tmp/foobar
work just fine and show the expected results.

'klist -ke' (full output see also my initial mail) looks good to me.