[Samba] Samba 4.1.6 Active Directory Server not properly showing Xubuntu 14.04

Francesco Pennelli pennelli.francesco at solaristravel.it
Mon Jul 21 04:45:18 MDT 2014

Hello to the list!
I was trying to follow all the FAQ and guide about it but I still didn't
obtain the result.
I'm using the samba4 obtained with apt-get and Samba_internal as dns
solution. I attached the importants file of my last attempt but the
result is always the same.
Samba 4 is working properly because the shared folder is visible from
the other Windows 7 PCs of the network and also writable. I can access
also to the Users folder.
I also tried like an older guide said to add the profiles section into
smb.conf.
Whenever I try to make a samba_dnsupdate --verbose I obtain a failed to
find for each line that is is supposed to update.
Between the try it happen once that it was properly updating it... but
it wasn't visible by the pack on windows that is used to handle a remote
Active Directory Server.
It happen once that I was able to see it as an Active Directory
server... and even check the detail of the users I created but it didn't
work after the reboot.
So:
network 192.168.1.x
active directory server on 192.168.1.98
realm internal.playtravel.it
hostname samdom.internal.playtravel.it
Please help me 'cause I really have no idea what to try next...
I even made the active directory server as a wins server and set it up
into the clients... no result
of course on the client the first DNS Server is 192.168.1.98

Looking forward to the replies

Thanks a lot

Francesco Pennelli
pennelli.francesco at solaristravel.it