[Samba] Samba4 DNS blocking from replication to another server

Michał Półrolniczak michal.polrolniczak at warp.org.pl
Mon Jul 21 03:52:42 MDT 2014

Hi,

I been using samba4 from git15 version of 4.0.0, when samba4 hit stable
we made it a main ADDC. Around 4.0.6 or later, I stuck on a DNS problem
(which results in stop responding to clients from time to time,
channging to BIND didn't help when we tried some time ago. I would like
to fix those problem with reinstalling DC, but first I would like to
replicate it to other DC so AD trust wont failed with new DC.

When trying to replicate with same version 4.1.4
#samba-tool domain join mydomain.local DC -Uadministrator
--realm=MYDOMAIN.LOCAL --use-ntvfs
I end up with failing to job because NT_STATUS_IO_ERROR or sometimes
like uncaught exception- (-1073741643, 'NT_STATUS_IO_TIMEOUT') allways
after
Replicating DC=DomainDnsZones,DC=MYDOMAIN,DC=local
Join failed - cleaning up

#samba-tool drs showrepl

==== INBOUND NEIGHBORS ====
ERROR(runtime): DsReplicaGetInfo of type 0 failed - (-1073610723,
'NT_STATUS_RPC_PROTOCOL_ERROR')
  File
"/usr/local/samba/lib/python2.7/site-packages/samba/netcmd/drs.py", line
116, in drsuapi_ReplicaInfo
    (info_type, info) = ctx.drsuapi.DsReplicaGetInfo(ctx.drsuapi_handle,
1, req1)

Joining Win2008R2 results in joining but sometime is broken with DNS and
AD stop working properly.

I think that the DNS problem will have to be fixed in order to progess,
or is there a way to recreate DNS without loosing all users, computer
and GPO settings, without losing Domain Trust at end computers?