[Samba] guide to install samba

marcos deconya at riseup.net
Mon Jul 21 02:43:23 MDT 2014

Hi

For private content :-)
Public key 0x0C05942A895BD10E
FIngerprint 45B9 EC0B 58D5 B17C 8C37 95C3 0C05 942A 895B D10E

Thanks, I explain better the environment

>> -I have a Samba 3 domain mounted with file server included. For a
>> technical reason I need to config a new machine with the DC upgrading to
>> samba 4. I'm using LDAP separated and the idea is to maintain. Now I ask
>> for some guide to migrate samba 3 to samba 4 and separate file server
>> from DC.
>>
>> -In my case I can't stop the old domain and I will need to have a time
>> with two domains.
>>
>> Im looking that really all the guides are to configure a samba but not
>> how to upgrade samba +ldap.
>>
>> Thanks :-)
>
> So:
>
> You want to setup a new samba4 AD DC with a separate fileserver.

Yes, I have a SAmba 3 with fileserver and I would like to separate and
upgrade.
> You want to keep your old setup going until your new setup is up and
> running correctly.

yes
> I think that you also want to use a samba4 AD DC with a separate LDAP
> server.

This goes now with Samba 3, but I don't know if sambaSID can be
introduced 2 times. I don't know If ldap supports 2 domains.

And finally, exist any platform inside samba to receive the problems
about windows 7 clients and future windows ?