[Samba] Must Samba4 AD be provisionned with rfc2307 to use winbind ?

Stuart Naylor stuartiannaylor at thursbygarden.org
Thu Jul 17 18:38:21 MDT 2014

Oh I think I must of misread what you and steve where discussing.

What is confusing me is the output of samba-tool domain level show

Forest function level: (Windows) 2003
Domain function level: (Windows) 2003
Lowest function level of a DC: (Windows) 2008 R2

I thought it might of been because rfc2307 schema included was of 2008r2 ilk.

Why does it always say the lowest function level is (Windows) 2008 R2

I just tried samba-tool domain provision --domain=SAMBA4  --adminpass=Mysamba4 --dns-backend=SAMBA_INTERNAL --server-role=dc --function-level=2003 --use-xattr=yes --realm=SAMBA4.LAN

The output is the same as above.

Always Lowest function level of a DC: (Windows) 2008 R2

Stuart