[Samba] Using SMB_VFS_IS_OFFLINE for directories.

Dean Roehrich dean.roehrich at quantum.com
Thu Jul 17 12:18:41 MDT 2014

I made a small change to source3/smbd/dosmode.c to let my plugin on my
linux box return FILE_ATTRIBUTE_OFFLINE for directories, and so far
Windows (2008) seems okay with it.  It displays the folder icon with the
"X" over it and it navigates the folder hierarchy without trouble (so far).

I can see that the SMB_VFS_IS_OFFLINE code went in originally for DMAPI
support (Bokovoy, Jan 2008, commit d86fc3ec) and that DMAPI doesn't have
the concept of punching a directory like it does for files.  So that
would explain the limitation in the original code.

But, has anyone used this for directories?

Dean

The information contained in this transmission may be confidential. Any disclosure, copying, or further distribution of confidential information is not permitted unless such privilege is explicitly granted in writing by Quantum. Quantum reserves the right to have electronic communications, including email and attachments, sent across its networks filtered through anti virus and spam software programs and retain such messages in order to comply with applicable data security and retention requirements. Quantum is not responsible for the proper and complete transmission of the substance of this communication or for any delay in its receipt.