[Samba] samba4 replication issue : outbound neighbour

Achim Gottinger achim at ag-web.biz
Wed Jul 16 12:48:36 MDT 2014

Am 16.07.2014 08:12, schrieb zhia chandra:
> hi all
>
> i have some issues with my samba4 installation
> here is the case
> 1. i have about 1 dc in my head office  as a PDC and 9 dcs in 9
> different site office
> 2. each site office connected to head office by VPN, but each site
> office cant connect each other
> 3. each site and head  office have a different network
> 4. i user samba 4.1.3
> 5. i put all dc in same site , because i think samba 4.1.* has problem
> manage site via windows active directory site and service
>
> the problem cames when i try to join the 8th dan 9th DC after
> successfully join first to 7th dc without any problem .
> in my 8th and 9th dc to join when i check on DRS, there is no outbound
> neighbor, i cause
> /==== OUTBOUND NEIGHBORS ====//
> //
> //==== KCC CONNECTION OBJECTS ====//
> /
> the main issue user int 8th and 9th site cant replicate their account
> data such as password change end the other user data
>
> have anybody experience the same thing? or anybody find the workaround
> / solution for this case ?
>

> Zhia
> *sorry for my poor english

Hello Zhia,

As far as i understand it, if you have multiple dc's in an site it can
happend that an client tries to access an dc in an different office
subnet which will fail because of (2).
I use an setup similar to yours, one main site conneted to in my case 3
brnaches via VPN and each one has his dedicated dc. I use different
sites for the barnches here however.
Had to create an site and an assigned subnet before i joined an new dc
for an subnet, which worked fine back then (~ version 4.0.3).
With that setup i only gor replication errors for objects bewteen the
brach dc's. Decided to add vpn tunnels between the branches so each dc
can access every other dc.