[Samba] smbd's using up 100% of all cpu's and load avg slowly going up

Sabuj Pattanayek sabujp at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 09:36:55 MDT 2014

The top level parent process? That's going to be difficult/impossible on a
production system . For now I've just created a cron that runs every few
mins that checks for these types of smbd processes with >50% cpu usage, and
if it's not in the output of net status sessions, and has no active tcp
connections in the output of netstat I kill the smbd process.