[Samba] preauthentication failure

Vaughn Clinton vclinton at msn.com
Wed Jul 16 07:32:01 MDT 2014

Morning all,

I've deployed samba -3.6.9-151 into a diskless image environment in order to get a diskless solution to be authenticated in an AD environment.  All the required packages are installed and the node will join the domain and a computer account is created.  I can execute a kinit successfully but unfortunately, after the completion of the join process, I get the following message:

"kerberos_kinit_password node at mydomain.org failed: Preauthentication failed"

I'm at a lost of what I should be checking so any assistance will be greatly welcomed.

BTW - using RHEL 6.4 to build the images and Windows 2008 R2 with two DC.

Cheers,