[Samba] Win7 pro trust relationship failed

Dave Beach drbeach at rogers.com
Wed Jul 16 05:28:01 MDT 2014

So, what changed: I was uninstalling a local USB printer and related
software on the workstation in question, which required a reboot - after
which the problem manifested itself. I can obviously still log on using the
local admin account. Running nltest appears to indicate that the workstation
still trusts the domain, but I get an "access denied" message trying to use
nltest to re-establish the secure channel with the DC.

I'd drop and rejoin the domain in a heartbeat were it not for worries that
somehow this might result in rights and permissions issues; I use local
profiles, and I'm concerned I'll lose settings, configurations, and other
related items. SIDS will change, no?