[Samba] Homes shares randomly dissapear on AD-DC'S

Achim Gottinger achim at ag-web.biz
Tue Jul 15 01:18:47 MDT 2014

Am 10.07.2014 12:13, schrieb Achim Gottinger:
> Am 09.07.2014 12:58, schrieb Achim Gottinger:

>>> Thank you for the tip, disabled it at all four locations. I used
>>> unscd also on the main site which always ran rock solid.
>>>
>>> Restarting samba on the branches witch winbind/nss issues fixed
>>> wbinfo/getent passwd tests for a few minutes but now they do not
>>> resolve again. Gotta watch it with unscd disabled now.
>>> Thinking about downgrading tp 4.1.4 which had had the issues but
>>> they appeared only once a week and not every few hours.
>>>
>>> achim~
>>>
>> Had to restart samba a few more times meanwhile. Was able to make it
>> fail running wbinfo -u a few times. Since they servers are all vm's
>> with 1GB in the branches i increased the moemory to 3Gb and since
>> then i was not able to make samba fail with wbinfo -u. Hope that did
>> the trick.
>>
> So far no more [homes] drop outs with 3GB memory assigned. Also wbinfo
> -u getent passwd work flawless. Skimming thru saved log files from
> yesterday trying to find anything memory related but i can not find
> anything. Also there are no sings like OOM kills in syslog at that
> timeframe.
> The vm's had 4GB swap space assigned which had shown usage in few MB
> range.
> Would have expected slow down's in speed due to swapping but no silent
> dropping of shares if an server runs out of memory.
>
> achim
After it worked on Fr, Sa and Monday, this morning they dissapeared at
our main site for the first time. This vm has 6GB memory and 4 cpu cores
assigned and it is the first time the [homes] share stopped working.
Even after restarting samba wbinfo -u und wbinfo -g takes sometimes up
to 30 seconds to enumerate users/groups.

achim~