[Samba] samba4 replication issues | sam.ldb inconsistency

Achim Gottinger achim at ag-web.biz
Fri Jul 11 07:27:02 MDT 2014

Am 11.07.2014 15:21, schrieb Achim Gottinger:
> Am 11.07.2014 15:16, schrieb mourik jan heupink - merit:
>> Hi Andrew, list,

>>> I think option 3 is the best option.  Get that working, as you don't
>>> loose anything by taking this option.
>> But... I tried adding a DC3, and it started replicating with DC1, and
>> of course it failed to replicate the faulty DomainDnsZones. So the
>> join failed, and was reversed.
>>
>> So...how to add a DC3, and make it sync to DC2 instead of DC1? I
>> assumed that this is not possible without transferring fsmo rules,
>> but your recommendation above tells me that it IS possible?
>>
>> That would be super cool, and by far the best solution out of this mess.
>>
>> MJ
> I'd stop samba services on dc1 and join dc3 afterwards.
To cleanup all samba settings after an failed join for example, i us
this on debian.

rm /var/lock/samba/*
rm /var/log/samba/*
rm -r /var/cache/samba/*
rm -r /var/run/samba/*
rm /var/lib/samba/*
rm -r /var/lib/samba/private/*
rm -r /var/lib/samba/sysvol/
rm -r /var/lib/samba/ntp_signd/
rm -r /var/lib/samba/winbindd_privileged/
rm -r /var/lib/samba/spool/*
rm -r /var/lib/samba/print/*

Also move /etc/samba/smb.conf out of the way before tying to join again.