[Samba] samba4 replication issues | sam.ldb inconsistency

mourik jan heupink - merit heupink at merit.unu.edu
Fri Jul 11 07:16:25 MDT 2014

Hi Andrew, list,

>> And I guess this is NOT possible:
>> option 3 - Install a new third DC3, and replicate that new DC3 with my
>> (probably healthy) DC2, WITHOUT doing scary things like transferring
>> fsmo roles first?
>
> I think option 3 is the best option.  Get that working, as you don't
> loose anything by taking this option.
But... I tried adding a DC3, and it started replicating with DC1, and of
course it failed to replicate the faulty DomainDnsZones. So the join
failed, and was reversed.

So...how to add a DC3, and make it sync to DC2 instead of DC1? I assumed
that this is not possible without transferring fsmo rules, but your
recommendation above tells me that it IS possible?

That would be super cool, and by far the best solution out of this mess.

MJ