[Samba] Cannot access shared home directories from linux machine

isofx ea4ml3f at gmx.at
Thu Jul 10 12:50:23 MDT 2014

Am 10.07.2014 20:24, schrieb Rowland Penny:
> On 10/07/14 19:18, isofx wrote:

>>> Just what do you mean by terminal server? If you mean a std linux
>>> client then have a look here:
>>>
>>> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setup_a_Samba_AD_Member_Server
>>>
>>> But if you mean a 'thin-client' or ltsp client, then sorry but I
>>> haven't a clue.
>>>
>>> Rowland
>>>

>> It's just a debian machine that will be used as terminal server (i.e.
>> thin-clients and other windows/linux clients connect via a remote
>> desktop connection).
>>
>> I read through the link you provided and configured the following:
>>
>> [global]
>> netbios name = TS01
>> server string = TS01
>>
>> workgroup = DOMAIN
>> realm = KARMEL.INTERN
>>
>> security = ADS
>> local master = no
>> preferred master = no
>> dns proxy = no
>>
>> encrypt passwords = true
>> kerberos method = secrets and keytab
>>
>> winbind use default domain = yes
>> winbind trusted domains only = no
>> winbind enum groups = yes
>> winbind enum users = yes
>> winbind nss info = rfc2307
>>
>> idmap config DOMAIN:backend = ad
>> idmap config DOMAIN:schema_mode = rfc2307
>> idmap config DOMAIN:range = 10000 - 15000
>>
>> Via RSAT Tools, I added the group "demo group" with GID 14000 and a
>> member of the group "demo" with UID 12000.
>>
>> However, it seems I'm missing some configuration:
>>
>> root at ts01:/var/lib/samba# wbinfo -u
>> administrator
>> demo
>> test
>> krbtgt
>> guest
>> root at ts01:/var/lib/samba# wbinfo -g
>> allowed rodc password replication group
>> enterprise read-only domain controllers
>> denied rodc password replication group
>> read-only domain controllers
>> group policy creator owners
>> ras and ias servers
>> domain controllers
>> enterprise admins
>> domain computers
>> cert publishers
>> dnsupdateproxy
>> domain admins
>> domain guests
>> schema admins
>> domain users
>> demo group
>> dnsadmins
>> root at ts01:/var/lib/samba# wbinfo -i demo
>> failed to call wbcGetpwnam: WBC_ERR_DOMAIN_NOT_FOUND
>> Could not get info for user demo
>>
>> I ran "net cache flush" to get rid of the mappings from the previous
>> rid configuration. As you can see, the "demo group" and "demo" are
>> availabe through wbinfo -u and -g, however it fails to get any detail
>> information with wbinfo -i .
>>
>> Any ideas what I may be missing? I did not change anything in the DCs
>> configuration.
>>
>> Kind regards,
>> Rainhard

> [...]

Yes, I joined the domain using "samba-tool domain join domain.intern
member". Here's my /etc/nsswitch.conf:

passwd:         compat winbind
group:          compat winbind
shadow:         compat

hosts:          files dns mdns4_minimal [NOTFOUND=return] mdns4
hosts:          files dns
networks:       files

protocols:      db files
services:       db files