[Samba] Possible winbind bugs.

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Thu Jul 10 01:03:28 MDT 2014

Hai Chan,

Same here. ( sernet samba 4.1.9 on debian wheezy ) ( member server )

I have only 1 group with GID ( Domain Users )
and 4 users with UID.

both wbinfo -u and wbinfo -g show all users/groups
getent passwd  shows my 4 users.
getent group  only shows my local groups.
but
getent group "Domain Users" does show my GID on this group.

Is this what you mean?
This is as long is i know, but correct me if im wrong.

on the DC, If i enable winbind in /etc/nsswitch.conf ( dont use that by default )
i get on wbinfo -u and -g all users/groups
and same for getent passwd and getent group all my users and groups.
but this is because of the differences in winbind on DC and member server winbind.

Greetz,

Louis