[Samba] Samba4 AC DC Ready! But "W2k8 R2" doesn't join...

Martinx - ジェームズ thiagocmartinsc at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 00:21:27 MDT 2014

Hey guys!

This is my first message to this list... I'm must say that I'm very
impressed with Samba4! It is an amazing project! Nice job!!

Last time I used Samba was back in 1998~2000... But, I got a new job that
is forcing me to remove 3 Windows Servers with AD, by Samba4.

So, I just deployed Samba4 on top of Ubuntu 14.04, it have Bind9, IPv6, a
Secondary DC with replication, everything seems to be going just fine...
Except W2K8 R2...

I followed this docs:

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_AD_DC_HOWTO
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/DNS_Backend_BIND
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba4/HOWTO/Join_a_domain_as_a_DC

A Windows 7 VM joined okay into Samba4 AD DC, as you guys can see here:

http://i.imgur.com/1XJunmT.png

But, "Windows 2008 R2 Datacenter" does NOT join Samba4 domain... It keeps
telling me that the "administrator" password is wrong, but it is not! Look:

http://i.imgur.com/h2RRFwz.png

Windows 2008 have the very same DNS configuration of Windows 7, pointing to
Samba4 + Bind9 machine... Same subnet (IPv4 & IPv6)...

Everything is from a fresh install and updated... I'm evaluating this on my
lab but, I'll not be able to continue if Windows 2008 R2 doesn't work with
Samba4...   :'(

What am I missing?

I really appreciate any help! Thanks in advance!

Cheers!
Thiago