[Samba] samba wiki ( troubleshooting )

Marc Muehlfeld mmuehlfeld at samba.org
Wed Jul 9 06:59:06 MDT 2014

Hello Louis,

Am 09.07.2014 14:29, schrieb L.P.H. van Belle:
> i was reading :
> http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_AD_DC_Troubleshooting

When I refreshed the AD DC HowTo, I found this page as a temporary page,
that was nowhere linked. I haven't had time to check it's content yet.

> And im missing the part about the compair of :
>
> ls -al /var/lib/samba/private/sam.ldb
> -rw------- 1 root root 4251648 Jun  6 09:05 /var/lib/samba/private/sam.ldb
>
> ls -al /var/lib/samba/private/sam.ldb.d/*
>
> -rw-rw---- 2 root bind  4251648 Jul  9 14:08 /var/lib/samba/private/sam.ldb.d/DC=DOMAINDNSZONES,DC=ROTTERDAM,DC=BAZUIN,DC=NL.ldb
> -rw-rw---- 2 root bind  4251648 Jul  9 14:08 /var/lib/samba/private/sam.ldb.d/DC=FORESTDNSZONES,DC=ROTTERDAM,DC=BAZUIN,DC=NL.ldb
>

> or is this not needed anymore?

You mean checking for the hardlinks when using BIND? It's required if
you're doing DNS changes, but BIND can't show them. Then the hardlinking
may got lost.

That information is still on its old place (Bind HowTo):

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/DNS_Backend_BIND#New_added_DNS_entries_are_not_resolvable

Regards,
Marc