[Samba] Still confused about Kerberos password expiry

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 2 12:22:49 MDT 2014

On 02/07/14 17:30, jimc wrote:
> I know this is going to come as a shock. I have spent hours in
> samba-tool. Had I found an answer there I would not have subjected
> myself to the condescension of the list.
>
> I haven't found an example there for how to properly set up a dns zone
> either.
>
> Where is the real documentation? How do I learn what the options are
> to the samba-tool commands that demand them but won't tell me what
> they are?
>
> Am I really the only person in the whole world who is frustrated with
> the state of the documentation?
>
> Yes?
>
> I guess I'm just too stupid to learn your product.
>
> -jimc

OK, I initially pointed you at 'samba-tool --help' because that appears
to be the easiest way of getting info about samba-tool, but anyway, here
are the answers to your questions:

  A) samba-tool user setexpiry --noexpiry Username

B) samba-tool domain passwordsettings --complexity=off

C) samba-tool domain passwordsettings set --history-length=0

The documentation for samba is not as good as it could be, but it is
getting better now that there is a documentation team, but Rome wasn't
built in a day.

Rowland