[Samba] Problems with folders named the same like the share
mmuehlfeld at samba.org
Tue Jul 1 14:43:16 MDT 2014
I saw a behavior on shares, where "msdfs root = yes" is set and wanted
to know if this is a bug or expected. The following I've done on a 4.1.9
* Create a share:
path = /srv/samba/
msdfs root = yes
browseable = yes
* Create a subfolder "demo" somewhere on the shared directory on Linux
and make sure, that a group you are member off has write access to the
* On Windows create a new file in that folder. -> Works
* Try renaming the file. -> fails (access denied).
* Rename the folder on Linux to something else that the sharename (e. g.
* Try renaming the file again. -> Works
Also I saw that it's not possible to create a folder "demo" (same name
than the sharename) on the share from Windows or rename the folder.
All the above is possible without any problems, if done on a share
without "msdfs root = yes".
Bug or expected?
More information about the samba