[Samba] Still confused about Kerberos password expiry

jimc jesmeyano at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 13:35:26 MDT 2014

I am running 4.1.6, as both a domain controller and a smb server.

Whenever Kerberos decides my password needs to be changed, I have to
change it on all the other boxes, too.

How can I:

A) Set the Kerberos password to never expire (I should be able to deal
with password changes in Samba-Tool, eh?)

B) Set the Kerberos password complexity off

C) Tell Kerberos to stop remembering old passwords

This is just a home setup I am using to try and learn Samba4. I seem to
be making good headway, but this issue perplexes me.

Thank you for your patience with a simpleton like me.

-jimc