[Samba] radius auth to samba

Bob Miller bob at computerisms.ca
Tue Jul 1 12:36:13 MDT 2014

Hello,

> > I want to use RADIUS authentication on a firewall and have Samba be the
> > source for the user accounts. I am using a pfsense firewall. Anyone
> > pointers would be greatly appreciated.
>
> It looks reasonable to me, but I suggest running radius, ntlm_auth and
> winbindd on a member server, not on your DC.

I installed radius server right on the DC and built my firewall to use
radiusclient<=>ntlmauth.  It doesn't get used a whole lot, but it has
been very reliable for over 18 months.

Andrew is there any particular reason you recommend separating them, am
I overlooking something I should be concerned about?