[Samba] domain-based DFS ?

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Tue Jul 1 08:32:55 MDT 2014

well..

I just did a test with this for steve also.

same result.

\\domain.name\sysvol and netlogon accessable no problems.

\\domain.name\dfs   Access denied again? "Network path cannot be found...", 0x8xxxyy35?

\\server1.domain.name\dfs  works, but someshare not.
\\server1.domain.name\dfs\someshare

my steps.

mkdir -p /export/dfsroot
chown root:root /export/dfsroot
chmod 755 /export/dfsroot
ln -s  'msdfs:mem1.internal.domain.tld\someshare' /export/dfsroot/someshare

also tried : ln -s  'msdfs:mem1.internal.domain.tld\\someshare' /export/dfsroot/someshare

smbclient //localhost/dfs  -U 'administrator'
cd someshare

tree connect failed: NT_STATUS_BAD_NETWORK_NAME
Unable to follow dfs referral [\mem1.internal.domain.tld\]
cd \somewhare\: NT_STATUS_BAD_NETWORK_NAME

so far for me..

found this one
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/linux.samba/mi4O5lHE8Vc
so i think this is not fixed yet...
there is a patch in this link, but since im on sernet im not trying the patch.

Louis

se-fully-qualified-domain-names-its-not-the-default/