[Samba] Mount share on Synology NAS (Samba 3.6.9) as client of Samba 4.1.9 AD DC

Lars Hanke debian at lhanke.de
Tue Jul 1 03:52:22 MDT 2014

Thanks for the reply. I solved the riddle, by checking the config files
on the NAS.

Synology adds the user permissions into smb.conf, i.e. it does not
follow any permission settings maintained in the AD. The DSM GUI has two
different places to set permissions, which look quite the same. One sets
the file permissions, the other is responsible to set user permissions
on shares, i.e. modify smb.conf.

I only did set file permissions, so the user was not allowed to access
the share, but had proper permission on the file system.

Regards,
  - lars.