[Samba] windows netlogon error 3224: Manual join works, automatic renew of machine account not, probably unrelated error netlogon_creds_server_check falied.

Marco Gaiarin gaio at sv.lnf.it
Fri Jan 31 03:56:47 MST 2014

Mandi! L.P.H. van Belle
  In chel di` si favelave...

> ok, looks like your missing some settings in windows to keep the trust going.
> look here.
> http://edoceo.com/howto/samba3-windows7

Many thanks for the link, it contain may useful tips. Anyway:

> this is the most important part for you:
> ; http://us.generation-nt.com/answer/samba-rejecting-auth-request-client-xxx-machine-account-win7-help-206090182.html#206092242
> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\netlogon\parameters]
> "DisablePasswordChange"=dword:00000001
> "RequireSignOrSeal"=dword:00000001
> "RequireStrongKey"=dword:00000001

But note that i'm speaking about WinXP machine, and on the main
network, where the PDC reside, all the windows box (XP and also Win7,
without DisablePasswordChange=1) change the password monthly without
trouble at all.

So there's somethinkg on the ''slave'' network that does not work (or
better, something that happen that i don't understand).

> "Debian Squeeze" ? => better first upgrade to wheezy.
> samba 3.5.6 backports squeeze => or use the "stable" of upgrade to the latest wheezy backports.
> Or get the sernet package.

I'ts on the go. Before the summer, surely.

> i suggest upgrade first and check again.

As stated, on the main network machine password change works for XP and
Win7.
And i don't know how to ''debug'' that...

  Associazione ``La Nostra Famiglia''                    http://www.sv.lnf.it/

	   http://www.lanostrafamiglia.it/chi_siamo/5xmille.php