[Samba] Joining Samba4 to Domain as DC with Small Business Server 2008 - error with Exchange ldap entries

Paul Rogers paul.rogers6 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 31 02:57:57 MST 2014

Hi Guys

Many thanks for the replies.  Hadn't even considered the fact that SBS
might be different.

The plan is to gradually remove the functionality from the SBS, replacing
it with the Linux box.  But this needs to be done gradually to ensure
continuity of service.  we'd possibly like to keep both the SBS and the
Linux boxes to provide some redundancy.

Of course none of this will work if we can't get the Linux box to join the
domain as a DC.

Looking at the previous thread this problem affects all instances where the
DC is also an exchange box.

Presumably this'd be something worth fixing?

Samba team - any thoughts?