[Samba] How to join a Linux machine to a Samba4 domain

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Thu Jan 30 03:57:53 MST 2014

Just for your information.

>I would suggest using Jessie instead of Wheezy, it comes with
>4.1.4 that
>works.

NEVER NEVER NEVER use debian TESTING ( Now Jessie ) in production.
Testing(jessie) gets as latest the security and bugfixes.

Why, this is the debian version which can easy break your system.
so if you still going to use jessie make sure you have really good backups,
and remember, every apt-get update && apt-get upgrade can break you system.
But again DONT DO IT.. of install en dont touch it again when it works ok.

My advice, use wheezy with backports.
or recompile yourself its not that hard, i did it to.
How to do, you can find on the samba list.

Louis