[Samba] getent passwd and winbind not work

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 30 03:17:39 MST 2014

On 30/01/14 10:07, Stéphane PURNELLE wrote:
> In fact, uidNumber of users in my AD start at 1000.
>
> The minor number in range of smb.conf equal the lower uidNumber in my AD.
>
> no local user needed... if yes, I will force a uidNumber lower than 1000.
>
> -----------------------------------
> Stéphane PURNELLE         Admin. Systèmes et Réseaux
> Service Informatique       Corman S.A.     Tel : 00 32 (0)87/342467
>
> Rowland Penny <rowlandpenny at googlemail.com> wrote on 30/01/2014 10:41:13:
>
> > De : Rowland Penny <rowlandpenny at googlemail.com>
> > A : Stéphane PURNELLE <stephane.purnelle at corman.be>, sambalist
> > <samba at lists.samba.org>,
> > Date : 30/01/2014 10:41
> > Objet : Re: [Samba] getent passwd and winbind not work
> >
> > On 30/01/14 09:30, Stéphane PURNELLE wrote:
> > Hi Rowland,
> >
> > My smb.conf (global part)
> >
> > # Global parameters
> > [global]
> >         workgroup = XXXXXX
> >         realm = xxxxxxdom.int-xxxxxx.be
> >         netbios name = admin01
> >
> >         security = ADS
> >         encrypt passwords = yes
> >
> >         idmap config *:backend = tdb
> >         idmap config *:range = 50000-51000
> >
> >         idmap config XXXXXX:backend = ad
> >         idmap config XXXXXX:schema_mode = rfc2307
> >         idmap config XXXXXX:range = 1000-40000
> >
> >         winbind nss info = rfc2307
> >         winbind trusted domains only = no
> >         winbind use default domain = yes
> >         winbind enum users = yes
> >         winbind enum groups = yes
> >
> >         # ACL support on member server
> >         # vfs objects = acl_xattr
> >         map acl inherit = Yes
> >         # store dos attributes = Yes
> >
> >         # user Administrator workaround
> >         username map = /srv/samba/etc/samba_usermap
> >
> >         pid directory = /var/run/samba
> >
> >         # log management
> >         max log size = 50000
> >         log level = 3
> >         log file = /var/log/samba/%U.%m.log
> >
> >         unix charset = ISO-8859-15
> >         dos charset = ISO-8859-15
> >

> > -----------------------------------
> > Stéphane PURNELLE           Admin. Systèmes et Réseaux
> > Service Informatique       Corman S.A.       Tel : 00 32 (0)87/342467
> >
> > Rowland Penny <rowlandpenny at googlemail.com> wrote on 30/01/2014
> 10:22:07:
> >
> > > De : Rowland Penny <rowlandpenny at googlemail.com>
> > > A : Stéphane PURNELLE <stephane.purnelle at corman.be>,
> samba at lists.samba.org,
> > > Date : 30/01/2014 10:22
> > > Objet : Re: [Samba] getent passwd and winbind not work

> on file

> (0)87/342467

OK, so comparing your smb.conf to the domain member howto page should
mean that it works, obviously for you it doesn't. I take it that you are
running samba4 in classic mode i.e. smbd, nmbd & winbindd daemons are
all running.

This is exactly the reason why I use that package that I cannot name,
though now I am testing winbind in 'netlogon proxy only mode' as well.

I think that one of the devs is going to have to help you here, because
I cannot see where you are going wrong, you seem to be doing everything
right.

Rowland