[Samba] samba 3.5 pdc migration

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Thu Jan 30 01:48:27 MST 2014

sure

you have some choices.

1 ) install from source  ( preferrerd by the developers )
	http://www.jadota.com/2013/01/installing-samba4-on-ubuntu-12-04/

2 ) use the sernet packages for ubuntu : if you want an easy install with apt-get
https://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2013-October/176380.html
This one is about a domain join, but follow the wiki and look at the webpages.
It wil provide the info you need.

in both cases you wil have a working setup, from that point jou can upgrade your old samba 3.x
For the upgrade, look at the wiki. ;-)

Greetz,

Louis