[Samba] samba4 and sssd and user mapping

Michael Adam obnox at samba.org
Mon Jan 27 13:57:38 MST 2014

On 2014-01-27 at 15:33 +0000, Rowland Penny wrote:

> Thanks Volker (and Michael) this makes it a bit clearer, I
> understand that it probably is better to use winbind instead of
> sssd, it is just that winbind is such a pain to set up correctly.
> Don't get me wrong,but don't all the posts about setting winbind up
> tell you anything, you might think it is easy, but anything is easy
> when you know how.

The manual pages smb.conf, idmap_tdb, idmap_rid, idmap_autorid,
idmap_ad ... contain all information that is needed.

It should not be exaggeratedly hard to set it up correctly
if you follow those docs (in a version matching your code).

I admit that there are things that could be improved,
for instance the condifigurability of "nss info", but
that can be done.

Cheers - Michael