[Samba] samba4 and sssd and user mapping

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Mon Jan 27 13:36:03 MST 2014

On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 08:24:05PM +0000, Rowland Penny wrote:
> Thank you very much for giving me your permission to use sssd, I
> didn't actually know I needed it, or is this your way of saying 'for
> most people sssd will do what is required, without the complexity of
> winbind'

Rowland, a word of advice. Attitudes like that don't
help on the lists, really they don't. If you don't
like winbind and prefer sssd, then fine, I'm glad
that works for you.

But turning up on the Samba lists and repeatedly
complaining about a component you're not using
isn't positive for anyone.

Imagine if someone turned up on the sssd lists
and started complaining and suggesting winbind
as a solution. That would be just as inappropriate
(I'm assuming no one *is* actually doing that
of course :-).

You're being "that" guy. Don't be "that" guy :-).

Jeremy.