[Samba] Win7 login script not running

Michael Brown michael at netdirect.ca
Mon Jan 27 13:05:43 MST 2014

On 14-01-27 02:34 PM, samba1 at nym.hush.com wrote:
> The login scripts are created with rw-rw-rw permissions, and owner
> and group are both set to ‘root’.
>
> I stopped Samba from running the perl script, made sure the Win7
> user’s script was in the netlogon folder, and set its permissions
> to rwxrwxrwx.  This resulted in the script being executed in
> Windows 7.
^ THAT

This bit me this morning - I migrated a customer to Samba4 over the
weekend and users were getting permission denied errors trying to
execute programs from network drives.

Samba was exposing the posix execute bit as the Windows execute
permission - something that wasn't happening on my previous version.

M.

--
Michael Brown               | `One of the main causes of the fall of
Systems Consultant          | the Roman Empire was that, lacking zero,